The HSE has published the latest annual report on health and safety statistics on work-related injury, ill health, enforcement and costs in Great Britain.
The report revealed that:
- 1.3 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2,515 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2014)
- 144 workers killed at work
- 72,702 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 621,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 30.4 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.1 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2014/15)
You can read the full report here.