When booking a course with North East Ambulance Service, please note:
- Bookings may be made online, via email or over the telephone.
- If circumstances dictate that you need to change your course dates, this can be done up to two weeks in advance of the original booking, at no cost to you, subject to vacancies on the alternative course dates.
- If you are unable to transfer your course dates the following cancellation charges will apply:
- More than 4 weeks prior to course date - no charge
- 2-4 weeks prior to course start date - 50% of total course fee
- Less than 2 weeks prior to course date - 100% fee
- If a delegate fails to attend a course - 100% fee
- Cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Date changes can be made on our website (via your online account) or in writing.
- One delegate can be substituted for another prior to the course date at no cost. To do this please log on to your online account.
- Lateness or absence by a delegate may result in them being removed from the course. There is a requirement by the Health & Safety Executive that all sessions are to be completed before a certificate can be issued. If this is not adhered to, the full course fee is still payable.
- Eligibility for attending the two day refresher course demands that the candidate must be in possession of a valid First Aid at Work Certificate issued by an H&S Executive approved provider.
- If a candidate fails the course a re-examination can be arranged at a cost of £35.
- To enable you to keep your certificate valid we will notify you, well in advance, when it is due for renewal.
How we use customer data
All customer data acquired by North East Ambulance Service (NEAS) shall be stored securely and only used for the purpose of customer account management in line with current data protection legislation. NEAS shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that its partners, contractors and agents comply with this clause where they are processing any data on behalf of NEAS. Data shall not be further processed or disclosed without the consent of the customer.
All customers will receive booking confirmation(s), notification(s) that certification is due to expire, electronic newsletters and relevant training offers. If you do not wish to receive this correspondence please email email@example.com.